Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Fax PDF files and word docs from Treo 650

View previous topic :: View next topic  
highfive
Palm Explorer

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Fax PDF files and word docs from Treo 650 Reply with quote

I need to know if this software will allow me to fax pdf files and word docs to any fax number. If so, then I will be interested. If not, I don't understand what can be faxed. I have a Treo 650 unlocked GSM using T-Mobile.
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS Fax allows you to create faxes from scratch. It has an editor that allows you to create messages, apply a variety of font and formatting commands, horizontal rule, etc. You can also insert items into a fax from other sources, currently including Memo Pad, Address and To Do entries, and images from Markspace Sketch and Doodle. You can also receive faxes on some devices (for ex, Sprint Treo 650, external modems.) And more formats will be supported in the future.

Word doc support is on our short list, but it's hard to imagine wanting to use Palm PDF support? With Adobe's PalmOS viewer?
highfive
Palm Explorer

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Fax PDF files and word docs from Treo 650 Reply with quote

I create proposals for clients in word (on Mac) and convert to pdf and email or fax them. I also have sales slicks and data documents that are in pdf format. I would like to see the fax function work the same way that an email or text message is sent ... look up the fax number in contacts, then create basic cover page, then attach a document or pdf to be faxed, like you send attachments via email. Same concept, just to fax instead of email. I contacted Dataviz regarding adding this feature to Docs to Go, and they said it was not in their plans. Then I found CS. I don't use my Treo for email, as I get way too many emails daily and I would rather manage those at home on the Mac.
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS Fax works a little differently, but is heading down that road. You can receive and store faxes in CS Fax, and resend them. That's the 'document store' model it supports.

The cover page part of your workflow model is great. It's been added to the dev feature list.
mango

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but it's hard to imagine wanting to use Palm PDF support? With Adobe's PalmOS viewer?

As you probably know, DTG8 and PalmPDF now support native pdf on palmos...
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we just picked up PalmPDF a couple of days ago when it came out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Palm Community Forum Index -> CS Fax All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: