Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Using CS Online on a Treo 650 w/Cingular

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Using CS Online on a Treo 650 w/Cingular Reply with quote

In order to use CS Online as a modem dialup on your Treo cellphone, you need a modem-enabled cellphone service plan, which can be a bit of a trick to get out of Cingular as most reps don't know what you're talking about.

Fortunately a kind user sent in a screen shot. The data and fax plan does NOT appear on the Cingular website for the general public, but it is available on the Cingular site after you've logged in. In the plans section, it looks like this:

As many people have had problems with Cingular reps pointing them towards the wrong service, you'll need to insist. This is the "CSD" service needed for faxing on Cingular. Don't let them sell you a $45/month data service plan if what you're looking for is dialup. If you want to use CS Online's Telnet service on the 650, that uses the data plan.
Jinxs13
Palm Explorer

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: What to ask the sales rep for.. Reply with quote

After 6 hours and 5 tech's I found the magic words.. "Cingular CSD" beware after getting it added I had 3 back to back hard crashes. After a complete dump and reinstall of all my apps I am working fine now. Still have some issues getting connect, but I am making progress.
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the new Cingular 1.17 update?

I have a friend who's mentioned issues with his Cingular 650 as well, including connect issues and mysterious slowdowns, which he too found a hard reset 'cured.' In his case, he upgraded from an earlier GSM Treo. I had wondered if there was 'baggage' (like older apps or data) that migrated to his 650 when he upgraded, but perhaps not. I've suggested he use his 650 'blank,' as it comes after a hard reset with no data, just to see if that clears it up.

We haven't seen anything like this on the Sprint service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Palm Community Forum Index -> CS Online All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: