- Palm Was Here!
- Battery Drainfix Conklin Systems

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

where are saved faxes saved to?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cmac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: where are saved faxes saved to? Reply with quote

where are faxes saved to? DataViz Docstogo8 can't see files. Isn't a recieved fax PDf format! I would like to transfer my received faxes to my computer.
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PalmOS devices do not have a filesystem or 'files' in the PC sense of the term. Main memory is organized as a database, and received faxes are stored there. DocsToGo8 doesn't support CS Fax's internal storage format, which is compressed to save space.

Plug in cards on PalmOS devices are treated like floppy/hard drives and thus DO have a filesystem and store things as files, in fact in a Windows-compatible file system. If you are interested in working with the CS Fax 3.1.0 beta available in this forum thread, you'll find the upcoming release allows you to import from and export to the storage card. You'll want to read that thread for the beta details.

CS Fax's external file format is TIF. As such, I don't believe(?) DocsToGo will handle it, but you can export faxes from CS Fax to the storage card and the resulting TIF's are readable on PCs. Again, see the beta thread for details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Palm Community Forum Index -> CS Fax All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: