- CS Online
- CS Fax
- CS SDrv
- Palm Was Here!
- Battery Drainfix Conklin Systems

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Guide: Ordering Fax Service on Sprint (US CDMA)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Guide: Ordering Fax Service on Sprint (US CDMA) Reply with quote

PLEASE NOTE: Carriers change their plans and pricing constantly, so this may or may not be true for you when you order. We're just passing on the information we've learned from speaking to the carriers ourselves.

US Sprint is a somewhat unique when it comes to fax service. Fax service on Sprint is referred to as Wireless Web service and can be used without any active plan.

If you send a fax on Sprint without a Wireless Web plan, Sprint allows the call to go through and bills you for "Casual Wireless Web Minutes", which they bill at a rate of $0.40/min. As such, Sprint Treo users will probably find that they can fax right away. Charges are reflected within a few hours or faster on the Sprint website, so you can check pretty quickly what they're charging you.

Although $0.40/min is high, since faxes are generally under a minute, we find this route is actually cheaper for us than fixed plan minutes, and this is what we use in house. If you planned on faxing a lot, you should look into a bulk Wireless Web minutes plan.

Sprint users are invited to share their experiences and other information in this thread.
fox22cz

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Sprint 650 Reply with quote

I just downloaded the latest beta version, 3.0.6 and tried to get it to work on my 650. I had it set up as a CDMA but nothing happened so i changed my config to show as 19200, class2.0, GSM, and left evrything else default and the fax came through. It was a bit misshapened (TEXT ELONGATED) but it worked. I guess i will find out what it cost me later. Just so you know.
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting experiment. However the setting should be Treo 650 (CDMA) for Sprint. You won't (well, shouldn't!) be able to receive a fax if you don't have it on CDMA. Sending might work though, that's a lot closer.

As for billing, generally Sprint seems to be $0.40/min for faxing if you don't have their plan, which in practice is tolarable for occasional faxing, and cheaper than the alternatives like Kinkos(!)
rogerlsturgiss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Treo 700p not able to send - haven't tried receive Reply with quote

I have 700p with Sprint with unlimited Power Vision. CSfax is set to Treo650 (CDMA) at 19200, Class 2.0, CDMA, Use CTS/RTS, 60, ATZ using Tone at Hign speed.

I attempt sending and get Unable to read answer message. I check the log and find everything OK until the following lines in the log:
Class 2.0 Inq
CMD:AT+FMI?
IN:AT+FMI?_
ERROR_
CMD:AT+FMM?
IN:AT+FMM?_
ERROR_

Everything seems oOK until the program attempts ATDT which results in ERROR and Serial Timeout following with the MSG Unable to read answer.

Any help would be appreciated!
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your results mirror others. There appear to be possibly serious issues with the 700p, or it may be a function of EVDO.

Please join us over in this thread where people are sharing their experiences with the new device as we look for an answer.
WILLIER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: SPRINT CFAX Reply with quote

hi is there any charge from sprint for using the csfax program?
i have an unlimited data plan on my treo??
thanks
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: SPRINT CFAX Reply with quote

WILLIER wrote:
hi is there any charge from sprint for using the csfax program? i have an unlimited data plan on my treo??

You'll have to check with your local Sprint rep to be sure, but Sprint plans seem to be fairly standardized nationwide now.

CS Fax uses the actual modem capability of the phone which Sprint calls "Wireless Web" service. That is NOT the same as packet data (Internet access) and the 'unlimited data' plan doesn't apply. You don't actually have to sign up for Wireless Web service; if you don't sign up for a plan, then Sprint bills $0.40/minute as "Casual Wireless Web Minutes".

In our case, that works out great. We haven't signed up for any plan at all, and even developing CS Fax and using the service constantly, it still is cheaper than any other option as most faxes transmit in under 1 minute anyhow. If you planned on faxing several times a day, every day, then I'd ask Sprint about a Wireless Web usage plan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 650 through Sprint and 3.0.7 worked straight out-of-the-box so to speak. I have unlimited Vision afaik, and haven't been charged anything extra for the dozen or so test faxes that I've sent.

-Nick.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, turns out they DID charge me for this month. I used 17.0 minutes at .39/min = $6.63.

I called Sprint and played dumb, said I have Unlimited Web (which is technically true) and he happily credited my account the $6.63.

Nice.

-Nick.
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I called Sprint and played dumb, said I have Unlimited Web (which is technically true) and he happily credited my account the $6.63.

Oh you're kidding... Surprised Nice!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

????

Not kidding about any of that. They charged me. I played dumb, they credited my account. Worked quite well. Smile

I do have unlimited everything (Pics/Vision, etc), but not sure about technical "Wireless Web" minutes. The CSR I don't think knew the difference, but what he doesn't know doesn't hurt me! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Palm Community Forum Index -> CS Fax All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: