- CS SDrv
- Palm Was Here!
- Battery Drainfix Conklin Systems

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

line error 774

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: line error 774 Reply with quote

I'm trying to make a telnet connection with a linux server. I use a palm tungsten E2 and a nokia 6100 mobile phone via infrared.

I can do it through a windows98 pc using hyperterminal.

When I try with cs online for palmos the phone call works, it shows:
CONNECT 9600
but I get this error:
[line error 774]

any sugestion?
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that you've got 2 different connection types mixed here.

The IR connection with the phone is a serial connection. If you want to connect directly to the phone with IR via CS Online, you'll go into communications settings and set the Port to "Infrared" or the like. (Depends on the unit)

Telnet protocol runs over the TCP/IP stack. If you want to make a TCP/IP connection over your phone, you'll need to set up a connection an ISP via PPP/SLIP/CSLIP (which is done in Preferences->Network.) Once you've made a connection to your ISP, then you can use CS Online's Telnet by specifying the Host IP address/name and connecting.

Assuming you mean you want to make a dial-up connection to a serial port on the Linux box, the error code 774 is a generic serial communications error including things line party, framing errors, buffer overrun, carrier dropped, etc. As such, you may need to adjust your communications settings. On the off chance that it is a buffer overrun, you might also want to check the "32K buffer" option.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: same problem trying to connect a pic with the palm Reply with quote

when i send the data from the csonline to the pic, the microcontroller receives it correctly but when i try to send data from the pic to the csonline on the palm the only message i get is [line error 774] [framing].

thanks in advance
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this devolves into the wild world of RS232 problems. My first thing to check is whether the connection is really 8/n/1, or if you have a cable/connection issue (cold solder joint, etc.) You might try 7/e/1, which will effectively filter out the high bit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im the same one of yestarday after checking everything you say i have the same problem, i should tell you that im only using tx, rx, gnd on the pic, another detail when i connect the microcontroler to the pc and use cs online on an emulator it works perfectly, i can both receive and send, my palm is an IIIxe any new ideas what could be the problem.
Tec
Conklin Systems

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. Very Happy Ok been there done that! In fact once I actually managed a 2 wire interface to a Data General minicomputer. (i.e. the ground planes were apparently in sync and I was just stupid lucky.) That said, you're playing the edge version of the RS232 spec. A lower baud rate might help, and you may need to pull (up|down) the floating lines on your E2. Are you using a smart/powered cable for the E2? I'm not sure the E2 properly implements all signals - check out http://www.pcables.com/ There's an E2 cable right on the front page. The E2 signal levels may be 5V.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Palm Community Forum Index -> CS Online All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: